High School CounselorsTHANK YOU for all that you and your colleagues do every day to support the college plans of your students. Along with our extensive Counselor website, this Counselor Portal allows you to efficiently accomplish several things for your University of Georgia applicants:
- Status Check. To support your counseling role, you can view the application status and a list of the documents we have received for each of the official UGA applicants from your school.
- Evaluation Forms/Recommendations. This Portal has become invaluable for quickly and accurately matching the hundreds of thousands of materials sent to us from around the world to the files of students seeking entrance to the University.
- However, as a necessary security measure to protect student information, it is only after your student has applied to UGA that you and other colleagues at your school will to be able to submit the school evaluation form or recommendations for that student.
- Upload Official Transcripts
- This option allows you to upload an official transcript directly into your student’s admission file. Please remember, we do not need multiple copies of the same transcript, so please do not upload a document that has already been sent in the mail or by another electronic system. We are also fine if you upload an updated transcript with mid-year or final grades.
- Review Submitted Documents. Submitting your forms/recommendations through this portal allows the documents to flow into the student’s file within one to three business days and will subsequently allow you to track the documents easily.
- We leave the school evaluation and teacher recommendation forms options open to you for a week beyond our freshman application deadlines knowing that, in spite of the best warnings and advice, a few students will wait until the day of the deadline to submit their application.
- Enter and Update Your School Information. At the beginning of each school year, please update the “School Contacts” list and the review the “School Info” survey. This brief survey, in particular, clarifies crucial elements of the academic structure of your school to help us more accurately and fully evaluate the transcripts of your students.
Please note: Submitted evaluations may take three business day to appear in Status Check
This portal only contains students applying for Spring 2017. If you are looking for students beginning in the Summer or Fall of 2017, please refer to the information in the email you received or follow this link and click “forgot password” to create your new account password and access our new portal. If it does not recognize your password, please locate your counselor on our Meet the Staff page and contact your counselor to gain access to our new portal.